The overall objective of this project is to provide safe and stable water supply and sewerage services throughout the state of Goa that will meet the rapidly increasing water demand by expanding and rehabilitating water supply facilities in the existing Water Supply Scheme and by constructing and expanding sewerage facilities, thereby contributing to improvement of the living conditions of residents. The assignment involved development of the MIS track project progress and improve ITC and project monitoring capacity within the Goa Public Works Department. Our services involved;
- Technical Assessment: Assessment of the Project MIS and GIS systems including the system of JICA projects particularly relating to projects, project management and finance.
- Bid Process Management: Recommendation in procurement of Hardware including Server, User hardware and software for this system.
- Project Management: Integration of MIS with GIS Software being implemented under GWSSP. The MIS provides reports from data in the GIS, including the Department’s Asset reports, Asset Valuation, Spare Parts and Inventory reports, customer complaints redressal tracking.
- MIS / IT Development: The software is being developed in ASP.NET, IIS Server, and MS SQL Server 2008 on a Dell Blade Server and will be available on all leading browsers.
- Capacity Building and Training: Training and hand-holding users and Systems personnel on the application developed.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Monitoring and reporting of temporal, physical and financial progress of all projects implemented by the Department is in the scope of the MIS which will initially monitor the projects under the JICA programme and later be extended to all other projects.