TSCPL is organizing the Second RBM&E Forum 2013 for Learn MandE
Learn MandE aims to promote debate, discussion and exchange of knowledge on M&E practice in the development sector among practitioners. The Pan Asia-Africa Results-based Monitoring and Evaluation (RBM&E) Forum, is a Learn MandE initiative. The first RBM&E Forum was held in November, 2012 in Bangkok. Almost 100 delegates, including representatives from donor organisations, national and international consulting companies, local implementing partners, and M&E consultants and researchers met over a three day period to hear about and discuss topics associate with the Forum theme, RBM&E and Beyond: Increasing M&E Effectiveness”.
The 2nd Pan Asia-Africa RBM&E Forum is being specifically developed to meet the needs of M&E/RBM&E practitioners and Program Managers, as well as those that provide support services to them. Given donors’ current focus of on Effectiveness and Value for Money (VfM) these two topics have been selected as this year’s main Forum theme.
This year’s Forum is also jointly being hosted TSCPL and Solutions or Effective Development (SfED).
The Forum this year has been developed to encourage learning and sharing of RBM&E knowledge and experiences among practitioners. More specifically the 2013 Forum aims to:-
- To encourage delegates to learn about and share their favorite RBM&E methods and tools, especially those related to the Forum’s main themes
- To provide opportunities for delegates to assess the effectiveness of RBM&E in their own organizations so that they have a baseline for developing more effective RBM&E systems.
- To give delegates a better understanding of how effectiveness and VfM can be introduced.
- To assist delegates to identify the most suitable effectiveness and VfM approaches for their organization
- To provide opportunities for RBM&E networking
- To offer delegates the opportunity to also attend a workshop immediately after the Forum and in the same hotel at a reduced rate.
The Forum Registration fee covers all three days at the Forum and will open in mid-May. Several discounted fees are available this year for groups and special categories of registering guests.
Registration Fee Schedule
- Forum Individual Registration Payments – the Early Bird registration fee for an individual for the 3 days of the Forum is US$500 (approx..THB 15,500). This applies until August 16, 2013. After this date a late fee of US$600 (THB 18,664) applies.
- Forum Group Registration Discounts – a special rate of US400 per person (approx..THB 12,425) applies to groups of 3 or more persons attending the Forum. To avail yourself of this special rate please coordinate and book as a group.
- Thai Nationals and Students – a special rate of US$350 (approx.THB10,885) applies to Thai nationals, Thai work permit holders, and students with a current university ID.
- Individual Daily Rate – a daily rate of US$235 (approx. THB 7.299) applies for delegates that can only attend 1 or two days at the Forum. (For Thai nationals and students with ID the daily rate is 3.630 THB).
Your registration fee payment provides the following to all delegates, speakers, sponsors, supporters and facilitators:-
- All Forum Materials, including a list of attending delegate’s names and contact details.
- Lunch for the three days of the Forum.
- The Forum Dinner on the evening of Tuesday 16 September, 2013.
- All mid-morning and afternoon snacks, tea and coffee during the 3 days of the Forum.
- Forum Welcome Packs containing the Forum Program, Post-it Session Tools and Methods, and a Bangkok tourist map and guide.
Are you interested in presenting at the upcoming Forum? If so we are interested to hear from you, especially if you are able to share your practical knowledge and experience about RBM&E effectiveness and VfM issues. Presentation topics could include but are not confined to:-
- How does an organization know if it is ready to introduce effectiveness and VfM measures
- Cases about developing and implementing VfM and/or effectiveness in projects/programs
- What do donors want when they request VfM and effectiveness measures in M&E reports
- What are the most appropriate VfM and/or effectiveness indicators to include in RBM&E
- Practical effectiveness and/or VfM checklists and guidelines
Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in presenting, to make enquiries or for more information see – http://www.learnmande.com/2013-forum/program-2013/speakers/.